In a nutshell, TB DeEsser can edit voices or apply a smooth limiting effect to high frequencies in stereo mixes.
TB DeEsser removes or reduces excess sibilants in vocals (such as ‘sss’ and ‘tth’ without adversely affecting the low-frequency (voiced) parts of the signals.
A variable cross-over frequency and de-essing threshold allow for a precise control of the de-essing function. There is no need to adjust attack or release parameters as these properties are automatically adjusted depending on the input signal.
TB DeEsser’s stereo, split-band design also allows the limiting of any excess high-frequency content in other signals including full stereo mixes.
Here are some key features of "TB DeEsser":
· Zero-latency processing
· Stereo design with side-chain monitor function
· Single or split-band operation
· Support of all sampling rates from 11 to 192 kHz
· Variable cross-over frequency and de-essing threshold
· Based on the VST 2.4 specification to allow compatibility with virtually all host programs